AFEP responded, with Medef and Acteo, to the consultation of the ISSB (International Sustainability Standards Board) on its draft international sustainability reporting standards.
– Regarding general reporting standards:
- Companies should not be required to disclose information that could raise issues of trade secrecy and/or liability.
- Reporting should be limited to upstream suppliers representing the most salient risks.
− Regarding climate-related information:
- Transition plans should more accurately reflect how companies are implementing their best efforts as contributions to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Emission reductions, avoided emissions and direct and indirect carbon removals, including carbon offsets, should be accounted for separately.
- All requirements must refer to international standards and avoid specific references to the USA.